The Kittiwake Lightship was one of the last lightships operating in Irish waters, and last served at South Rock, off Co. Down. It was built in 1959 and converted in the 1980s into an Automated Light-Float (ALF).
To relocate it to its final destination, Irish Sea Contractors was appointed as the diving contractor for the works. Our team completed an underwater survey inspection to assess the condition of the hull of the vessel, carried out UT readings, and supported in the lifting operations. Our team completed the works successfully over Christmas.
The Kittiwake will be restored and located in Dublin Port's Port Heritage at Graving Dock No. 2.